This novel, set in Ireland, is like the Blarney Stone. Instead of myth, however, it carries the tempestuous and poignant lives of kate, Bernie, Aileen, Mira, Oona and Colleen. Kate, the American traveler, walks around Ireland until she can walk no more. She ends up in the isolated and stunningly beautiful coastal town of Glenmara. A struggling fashion designer, Kate leaves her broken heart in Seattle and carries her mother’s golden thimble around her neck. Her losses become her beginnings. Her pain and the wounds of the Irish lace makers who take her in become intricately weaved into their new lives. I loved the feel of Glenmara and the raucous, sometimes cruel sea surrounding Barbieri’s characters in mist and rain, and green hills, mauve and rose sunsets.
Rating is based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
Thank you to Harper Collins for supplying our review copy of this book as well as the books to give away!
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway (unlimited entries)
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on August 24, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck