There’s nothing that I enjoy reviewing as much as beauty and fashion products. Especially as I get older. You see, the older I get – the more help I need. BUT, I DON’T want to look like a made-up Barbie Doll or like Jackson Pollock used my face as a canvas.
As I get older (and “A”, I’m sure you’ll agree with me, you glamour girl you – JK) I actually find that I need LESS makeup, but MORE help. Have I confused you yet?
Here’s the thing. When I try desperately to COVER the flaws, what happens is that I look overly made up and it actually makes the problem stand out more. It’s a Catch-22.
So, what’s a girl (*ahem*) to do? Rather than try to cover up the flaws, the key is enhancing. It doesn’t mean that I’m not covering up those “eye black” (like you see under football players eyes) circles, but I’ll do it lightly while drawing your eye to the fact that I really have nice high cheekbones. To really make my cheekbones pop, I use a bronzer rather than a traditional blush. This has to do with the fact that I’ve got a combination of living in the Florida sunshine (year round tan) and my Mediterranean coloring.
I found that this bronzer goes on leaving JUST the right amount of color on my face. As with most mineral make-ups, it looks much more natural on the skin. I use a Buki brush when I apply it and always run the brush over the back of my hand before putting it to my skin. That way there’s very little blending that needs to be done.
Hey “A” (you’ll like knowing this) – if you have any questions, Mineral Secrets has a toll-free number where you can speak with an EXPERT.
The other thing that’s great about Mineral Secrets are their PRICES. They are SO REASONABLE! I have to admit that before I tried this I was using a very popular, nationally advertised brand of mineral makeup. I’ve found that for almost half the price, the Mineral Secrets line performs just as well, if not better. PLUS – they have a larger selection of colors and products than the line I was previously using (at least more than they carry at my local Ulta).
Now that summer is officially over and the tans are fading rapidly – it’s time to pick up a bronzer and fresh colors that can help perk you up. Mineral Secrets is giving our readers a 10% discount
Use Coupon Code: THEreview (good through 12/31/09)
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Product Selection: 5
Color Selection: 5
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
I’d like to thank Mineral Secrets for providing the bronzer for my review as well at this GREAT giveaway.
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 9, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck