Exciting adventures with sun, beaches, rivers, waterfalls, and volcanoes as the background are waiting for you in Costa Rica. Located in Central America, this paradise region offers visitors unique sceneries where nature touches everything.
Costa Rica has a privileged location surrounded by the Caribbean Sea to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west, Nicaragua to the north, and Panama to the south. This geographical position guarantees you varied climate conditions ranging from hot weather near the beach, cool climate by the mountains, to moderate in urban areas.
In short, it has an excellent tropical climate everywhere you go. These features make it one of the most visited countries in this part of the world. If these reasons are not convincing enough for you to come to Costa Rica, find out in this article all the wonders for you to live the best experience ever.
Discovering a Paradise
Costa Rica is all about nature; its territory comprises impressive volcanoes, dense rainforests, cloud forests, monumental waterfalls, crystal clear beaches, and powerful rivers.
Sustainable tourism is the Brand this country shows to the world. Its varied ecosystem allows it to display a wide range of activities based on ecotourism. One-fifth of the region is covered in forests, and 26% represents protected territory.
Costa Rica’s natural setting allows you to practice several outdoor activities. Adventures and adrenaline-filled pursuits are common elements of the experiences you will enjoy in Costa Rica.
Hiking, fishing, surfing, rafting, climbing, biking, diving, and kayaking; are just a small representation of the activities you can encounter in this wonderful region. Choosing one to make will be your next worry.
Are you already convinced? Now, it is time to plan your next trip to this Paradise.
Start planning your next vacations
You have already taken the first step by choosing Costa Rica as your travel destination. The second step should be looking for the perfect date and lodging options.
Before the year ends, hotel chains offer promotions to encourage customers to travel and visit their multiple hotel options. This is a great opportunity for you to save some money while going to a destination like Costa Rica.
The range of lodging choices is huge, particularly for the celebration of Black Friday. You can find some interesting discounts at barcelo.com/en-us/offers/black-friday/.
Barcelo group offers 4 luxury hotels in Costa Rica with outstanding locations and classified according to the activities you want to do in the country. Besides, its great prices include the previous days and after the Black Friday period.
With possible dates and lodging ready, let’s focus on what to do in Costa Rica.
Must-see activities when visiting Costa Rica
Costa Rica gives you a wide range of adventure options. It has a little something for every taste. Nature and exploration are the keywords of each activity. Here, are some of the best places you cannot miss:
- Tamarindo Beach: It is the ideal place for families and travelers looking for gorgeous landscapes and fun water sports. It offers 2.5 kilometers of tan sand and clear water. It is the perfect spot for surfing, fishing, scuba diving, walking, or sunbathing. Tamarindo beach is the perfect location to go everywhere in Costa Rica. If you stay there, you can easily explore nearby beaches like Avellanas, Conchal, Grande, Langosta, Flamingo, Mina, and Brasilito.
- Arenal Volcano: Costa Rica has 67 volcanoes of which 61 are dormant, and 6 active. Although Arenal is not active at the moment, it is still the most visited volcano in the country. Its popularity is the result of its imposing size and the stories of its eruptive cycle. The spectacular scenery with enormous amounts of lava, gas, and ash spewed remains the main attraction. Arenal Volcano has varied outdoor activities in its surroundings for visitors. You will enjoy hot springs, mountains hiking, fishing in lakes, and water sports in rivers.
- Corcovado National Park: It is an exuberant forest with spectacular wildlife. It comprises 424 square kilometers with diverse animal species, tall trees, mighty buttresses, big woody lianas, and rich herbaceous vines. The most visited places in this national park include la Leona, San Pedrillo, and Los Patos.
- Isla del Caño: Located on the west coast of Costa Rica, Isla del Caño is a biological reserve and an archaeological site. It is highly protected, and the rangers in the area guard visitors not to damage the environment. This island is the dream place for snorkeling and diving enthusiasts. It has the most extensive coral reef formations in Costa Rica’s coastal zone and plenty of underwater life.
- San Jose: It is the capital city of Costa Rica, a very cosmopolitan zone for spending some days before getting inside the natural sites. Barrio Amón with its ancient architecture, Barrio Escalante full of bars and restaurants, and the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum showing the region’s history are the most visited places in the capital.
Leave a Reply