Anxiety can sometimes feel unavoidable. After all, there are so many different triggers, from our personal relationships to our performance at work. However, if you find that you are constantly anxious, this is a clear indicator that things need to change.
With that in mind, here are five tips for reducing anxiety.
- Try to get more sleep. When we do not get enough sleep, our body’s production of cortisol (the stress hormone) increases considerably. This means that we are more prone to anxiety and low moods. As a result, you should make changes in your routine that enable you to sleep easy each night. For example, you could listen to a guided sleep recording each evening, which helps by interrupting anxious thoughts, therefore helping your drift off peacefully.
- Take THC Supplements. THC supplements, such as Delta 9 THC Gummies contain dispensary-grade natural and organic hemp, an ingredient that has been used in wellness products for centuries. As a result, enjoying a delicious gummy is more than just a tasty snack, it can help alleviate some of the physical symptoms of anxiety by helping you to relax and unwind. These gummies can also help improve sleep patterns, reduce muscle ache and fatigue, and could even improve your appetite. This is great news as anxiety is often associated with both a lack of sleep and poor appetite.
- Clean your home. Believe it or not, there is a link between mental health and how clean your home is. This is likely due to the fact that when feeling anxious, we’re less likely to keep on top of chores. However, this can create a messy, cluttered environment that subconsciously raises your anxiety levels. As a result, you can combat anxiety and stress by decluttering your home. While this may seem wearisome, a recent study has found that “the activity of cleaning coupled with the end result of a cleaner home helps reduce stress, feelings of anxiety and depressive symptoms.”
- Cut down on caffeine. If you feel as though you can’t kickstart your day without a cup of coffee, you aren’t alone. However, caffeine and anxiety are not the best combinations. This is because caffeine is a stimulant, which means it can worsen some of the physical symptoms associated with anxiety. As a result, you should try to limit how much caffeine you consume. For example, you could switch over to decaf coffee. As this tastes pretty similar to regular coffee, you may notice similar benefits as your brain subconsciously associates drinking coffee with higher energy levels.
- Try meditating. Meditation can be a great way to invest in yourself and your wellness. This is because it helps you to take control of your mind and body in numerous different ways. For example, the breathing techniques involved in meditation help you “increase the supply of oxygen to your brain, stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes a state of calmness”. They also encourage you to take on a fresh, more positive perspective when you find yourself in a particularly difficult situation.
Leave a Reply