It’s been a YEAR since we’ve been married, and if you are like we are…that one year anniversary feels like a great excuse to recreate your honeymoon. But what if (like us) you don’t have the time to take a leisurely cruise or spend a full week at a couples resort?
Behold the weekend getaway
I’m not talking about getting into the car and stopping at the first roadside motel with a flashing “vacancy” light…I’m talking about making the most use of those three days and enjoying a truly romantic weekend getaways. Why? beause these getaways are great because they can be customized to your taste as well as your budget needs.
The great thing about weekend getaways is that you can get away during any season, snow or shine, and you will find plenty to do while you are away. Or you can do nothing at all, if total relaxation is on the agenda.
Love snow, but just not driving in it to get to work? A winter wonderland vacation is for you. You can choose from a variety of lodging options such as:
- A bed and breakfast
- A country inn
- A log cabin
- A lodge
There are many activities that you can partake in on a winter wonderland, as well.
- You can go horseback riding in the snow
- Take a sleigh ride through a winter wonderland, just you and your honey
- Take in the view in front of a crackling fireplace
- Take in some hot yoga and get a hot stone massage
- Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner for two overlooking some great mountain somewhere
What better way to end the summer than to take a weekend getaway; especially if you did not get the opportunity to go away with your love over the summer. You can enjoy the fall season in all its abundance in so many ways.
- Take a trip through the countryside and watch the leaves fall and be in awe of their changing colors
- Go apple and pumpkin picking
- Go antiquing
- Have a picnic under the stars
Warmer Weather Ideas
If you are looking for a few creative ideas for the spring or summer months (or you live in South Florida like we do), why not try these on for size?
- Camp right on the beach
- Rent out a small beach hut for the weekend
- Go to a winery and do a wine tasting
- Check out some local fresh fruit and produce and crafts at a local market fair
- Go see a movie under the stars
As you can see, there is an endless stream of romantic ideas for each and every season. It is just a matter of choosing a season, and, of course, the reason is love.