So, you finally got that coffeemaker that uses pods or k-cups for Christmas. You put your old coffee pot away for an occaision when you’ll have company over, but now you’re stuck with that HUGE box of coffee filters that you bought at Costco. DON’T THROW THEM OUT, because we’ve got 15 things that you can do with them! You see coffee filters can be used for more than just pouring water through to filter your morning joe.
You will be amazed at the many other uses for coffee filters. These creative ideas are both money and time savers, and who doesn’t want to save money? Once you see my crazy ideas you are sure to come up with a bunch more.
Here are just a few ideas for using your coffee filters:
1. Coffee filters can be used as disposable bowls for snacks such as popcorn, chips or crackers, allowing you to save time.
2. You can use these filters if you run out of paper towels to clean windows, and they do an excellent job (and they’re lint FREE too).
3. Heatong up leftovers in the microwave? Simply cover them with a filter. This will help keep your microwave clean.
4.Use coffee filters to absorb grease from greasy foods, they do the job perfectly.
5. Catch ice cream drips by using a coffee filter as an ice cream cone holder, it will absorb the mess.
6. Achoo! Don’t have a tissue? Grab that filter when you sneeze, it will get the job done when you are in a pinch.
7. Keep a few coffee filters in the trunk of your car, and you will be able to check the fluids with ease and avoid the mess.
8. They make GREAT glasses cleaners since they don’t leave lint!
9. Make a DIY air freshener by adding some baking soda and using a twist tie to secure the contents. Then put them in all the places you need to freshen up.
10. Use as small bowls to divide ingredients to ease the mess in the kitchen and making cleaning a breeze.
11. Use coffee filters to polish your shoes, this will keep them nice and shiny.
12. Pack breakables with them….you can put them between your dishes, this will help protect them better than newspaper.
13. Use coffee filters as coffee cup covers when you are re-heating coffee to avoid any spilling or splashing. This will help keep your microwave looking its best.
14. Use them to protect your counter when you are cutting vegetables, they will help make sure you are slicing the vegetables and not your counter.
15. Coffee filters can be used to help diffuse the brightness of the flash on your camera. This will help ensure that you get the best picture possible.