Angina is a chest discomfort or pain that is caused by a lack of oxygen to the heart. Although angina is not an actual disease, it is a tell-tale sign of a very serious health ailment such as heart disease. Here are some of the common risk factors and potential treatments for angina.
Some of the risk factors of having angina include long-term smoking, high blood pressure, being overweight, high cholesterol, diabetes, and having a family history of heart problems. After the age of 55, a person’s chance of experiencing angina is elevated. Menopausal women are also more susceptible to having angina.
- Aspirin- This basic remedy has proven to be very effective at preventing the onset of a sudden heart attack
- Beta Blockers- These medicines work to decrease the amount of oxygen that the hearts needs.
- Statins- The primary purpose of these types of drugs is to lower the levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Nitrates- Nitrates serve the dual purpose of treating and preventing an angina attack.
- Calcium Channel Blockers- Often used in collaboration with other treatments, calcium channel blockers work to relax the arteries of the heart.
- In an effort to save money, Buy Generic Lovenox and other similar medications.
- Angioplasty- This consists of a small balloon being inserted into arteries to help remove fatty deposits. It is less invasive than open heart surgery.
- Open Heart Surgery- Although this surgery is very invasive, it could help the patient to live a normal life.