The stealth and allure of Ian Fleming’s CIA and MI6 infiltrated spy novels is back – only Jonathon Chase is a protagonist’s protagonist. Perhaps the only man left in the higher echelon of espionage agents, Chase’s intentions are pure. He pursues peace. Loyal to his country and his own morals, he faces hidden betrayals at every turn that mask the entrails of espionage that oozes from every page of Markham’s mesmerizing “Assassins of Secrets.”
The assassination of all international intelligence spies by a cabal of power called The Zero Directorate puts Jonathon Chase, #2 CIA field agent, in its direct path. When #1 is assassinated, Chase’s boss, Brewster, spears Chase into the fray – as the predator, and the hunted.
As Chase hunts the Zero Directorate across Europe, the Zero Directorate, and his own agency, the CIA hunt him. As Chase finds Mizra, the Arabic leader of the ZD, Chase points and thrusts against Mizra’s secret weapon, a drug that releases all memories from birth to present to the ZD, and leaves the victim on the plate of death.
Nuances, knife-edged plot, screaming with intelligence that snatches us into his lair, Markham’s novel creates a world spinning on an internationally evil axis. This debut novel coils its snake’s tail and springs into the world after the Cold War, with imagination to spare. For as Chase enters the world of the Zero Directorate, and their sky point plot to change the world, he realizes that as its prime target, he alone can stop them – with his own death.
Without the pretentiousness of 007, but with the same charm and uber-intelligence, Jonathon Chase is destined to become a byword in “espionage” novels.
Unique and convoluted plot, evil characters galore, a love interest by the name of Zerana whom Chase must kill, with a projectile like a missile, Assassins of Secrets never misses the mark.
Assassin of Secrets is available on pre-order from Amazon.com
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Overall: 4.8 (5 in it’s genre)
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
We received a copy of this title for our book review. All opinions are our own.
- Tweet, stumble, etc. this giveaway by using the icons below this post – unlimited entries – 1 entry per action (unlimited)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog! – 5 extra entries
- Add this giveaway to other sweeps & giveaway sites – 5 extra entries
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on October 26, 2011 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck