Author: Robb Forman Dew
Robb Forman Dew infuses her Southern characters with repartee reminiscent of Peter Taylor, whom he includes in her cast of characters in “Being Polite to Hitler.” Dew and Taylor capture the familial enmeshment and particular joys and tribulations of the Southern upper echelon in a manner that both tantalizes and captivates us. Virginia Wolff’s Mrs. Dalloway with her stream of consciousness, Jane Austen’s emotional morality, as well as Henry James view of the outer world influencing the inner world of characters – it’s all there, wound into a tight ball, with Dew’s own genius transcending his voice. It is no surprise that Dew’s prior novel, “Dale Loves Sophie to Death” won the National Book Award. ‘Being Polite to Hitler” might be her second to win that same award.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
We received a copy of this title for our book review. All opinions are our own.
- Click HERE to Tweet this giveaway it auto fills your tweet and you get credit each time you twitter and report back. (unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog! – 5 extra entries
- Add this giveaway to other sweeps & giveaway sites – 5 extra entries
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on January 25, 2011 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck