An Encyclopedia of Forgotten – yet Delightful, Chic, Useful Curios and Otherwise Commendable Things From Times Gone By
Like the title, this alphabetized “encyclopedia” will not create any competition for the game “Trivial Pursuit.” I enjoyed the 1877 ambrosia recipe on page 9; didn’t care about the Andrew’s Sisters; ignored Nora Ephron’s gripe about bagels; felt glad that cold cream to remove makeup is still in trend – and loved the cold berry soup recipe from the early 1900’s. However, mostly, I thought the Bring Backs were faintly boring – non-nostalgic and a waste of book space. If you love compendiums of fact and trends, you will love this anthology. For myself, I would rather live in the present. The recipes I loved – page 139 gives the recipe for malteds! Yum. But all in all, YAWN, I could not get excited over Let’s Bring Back.
Let’s Bring Back: An Encyclopedia of Forgotten-Yet-Delightful, Chic, Useful, Curious, and Otherwise Commendable Things from Times Gone By is available at bookstores and Amazon.com
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
We received a copy of this title for our book review. All opinions are our own.
- Click HERE to Tweet this giveaway it auto fills your tweet and you get credit each time you twitter and report back. (unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on January 11, 2011 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck