KLUTZ is here again with great new holiday Crafts! This one is totally ingenuous! Make your own Diaspora out of bottle caps! Create tiny landscapes and funny art creations and creatures! Definitely COOL!
Start with the gooey glaze, add the landscape interiors, add charms, put into bottle caps and get Capsters! THEN have your kids glue the Capsters all over their hats or backpacks AND you have a totally unique item!
I love this kit! Not only can you glue in the charms that come in the KLUTZ kit, but you can order more caps and popouts for landscape from Klutz! OR you can find all those hidden treasures at the bottom of your drawers, Mom’s broken jewelry, Dad’s old stuff, sister’s hidden charms, and brother’s COOL stuff that he hides under the bed. These cook capsters can be made into charms for bracelets, keychains, jewelry – you name it, this book tells you how! This is not only an adorable crafts idea, but can be utilized in so many creative and fun ways (put your child’s picture in one and make it a Christmas tree ornament!) that I simply loved it!
For parents who love to give their children creative ways to make heirloom family presents ALL BY THEMSELVES, this is an unbeatable kid’s activity kit!
Have your child make a dog tag for the family pet – have him or her make an art deco glass with a friend’s name on it – or make a capster bracelet with a friends favorite things on it – the possibilities are endless. Well, all I can say KLUTZ is why don’t Broad Z and I think of these things ourselves! This is such a clever and versatile idea, AND will appeal to every child on your list – boy or girl (how about a favorite football team cap with some team symbol capsters glued to it for a really special gift to someone you child likes? Or for Dad?) GO CAPSTERS – the newest of absolutely adorable ideas from KLUTZ!
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
Christmas time means KLUTZ to my VERY active grandkids. I have six all within the age group of 8, 9, 10, and 11 in ages. This makes Grandma Time so much fun. The new KLUTZ Window Art includes (as always) an entire kit to make window and glass designs that the kids can stick on windows, glasses – just about anything they can think of! There are Peel-Off colors – yellow, red, green, turquoise, and purple and one jar of black squirt on outline to outline the designs in the book. They are OF COURSE non-toxic, and the kit contains over 100 traceable patterns. The KLUTZ mission statement says it all: Create wonderful things, be good, and have fun!
The bottled colors contain a squirt on paint that dries in 24 hours. Put your Window Art pieces only on glass windows, mirrors and other glassware, as the plastic can bond to other plastics. The instructions – from the book itself are easy as pie:
1. Cut – with adult help – one of the plastic sleeves from the book. Slip it over a page in the book that has a design you like.
2. Trace the lines of the design with the black outline paint. Don’t skimp; the black makes a wall to hold the colors. (If you let the black dry for a while first, it makes the next step easier).
3. Fill in the spaces with your choice of colors. Be generous, but don’t let the color overflow.
4. Let the piece dry for at least 24 hours. At this time tomorrow you can check to see if it’s dry to the touch and ready for peeling.
5. Peel your design off the plastic and stick it to a glass window. Be careful not to let the design fold back and touch itself or it could become permanently stuck. Putting it in a refrigerator sometimes works to get it apart again.
The Window Art designs are plentiful and you can make your own designs and also paint in a “Tiffany” style to make a bolder statement!
This is a great gift idea, but I am going to let the Grandkids have a go and put angels all over my windows!
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
Check out these Klutz books and MORE at Klutz.com.
Use coupon code KZ25 at Klutz.com and get 25% off orders over $50. Offers cannot be combined. Code expires December 17th.
We received samples and prizing courtesy of Klutz.com. All opinions are strictly our own.
- Click HERE to Tweet this giveaway it auto fills your tweet and you get credit each time you twitter and report back. (unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on December 2, 2010 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck