Sit down and prepare to take on Callie Grey, a force of nature driven by her 30 year old biological clock with a TOCK louder than her TICK. A definite “chick-lit” novel, Kristan Higgins enfolds us in Callie’s oh so human need for a march down the aisle!
Here-Comes-The-Bride, Callie Grey pursues love in quaint Georgebury, Vermont, like any self respecting 30 year old with romance on every horizon. But Cupid swings his arrow askew, and Callie’s love pool floods with the most unlikely of the Vermont male gene pool!
Love struck and quirky, perky ex-prom queen Callie watches in dismay as Mark, her boss and once-amour, ups and announces that he is seeing a client’s daughter. A major advertising client and a major super model look alike daughter! And he announces it just as he gives Callie a beautiful – and expensive – silver bracelet for her 30th birthday (did you say JERK, Z? I know I heard you say JERK! Hush up, woman, this is MY review!).
As “All I Ever Wanted” pulls Callie into the Romantic Land of Living Torment, Cupid’s arrow pivots around and finds a most unlikely mark – Ian McFarland, a grouchy and rude veterinarian who calls Callie’s hysterics “emotional diarrhea.”
Throw in a few other crazy characters like Callie’s tough bird grandfather, Noah, her feminist sister, , Hester, her divorced parents who are wooing each other through screaming matches and Muriel, Mark’s new squeeze, and the novel catapults into a lively run to the altar – but who’s doing the chasing?
A great beach book bingo, Callie and her advertising agency friends, her Mother the Mortician (literally) and her Husky dog Bowie steal our hearts in a romantic romp through small town Georgebury, Vermont.
Quick read, fun characters, lively dialogue and there you have it!
All I Ever Wanted (Hqn) is available for purchase at Amazon.com for under $8.00 and at bookstores nationwide.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
3 stars for a Watch Out Stephanie Plum Here Comes Callie Grey adventure
Review by Broad A – Ava
We received a copy for this book review. We were in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly our own.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Bro’B’s blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on August 10, 2010 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck