Supporting the arts and artisans in our global community is so important. NOVICA is giving artisans a platform in which to showcase their unique wares on that global level. I have been a customer and an appreciator of NOVICA for many years now and I was recently offered the opportunity to work with them and learn a little more about their artists as well as this wonderful alternative to shopping.
Armed with a gift certificate and a penchant for sterling silver jewelry I forged ahead for a little retail therapy. You must first understand that I LOVE things that reflect who I am. I have my own style and I enjoy dressing and accessorizing in a bit more unique fashion. I prefer handmade jewelry over stock pieces. I’ve collected apparel and accessories from my travels and LOVE to wear them.
The selection of silver jewelry that NOVICA offers is AMAZING. Not only do you get to see the wonderful handwork in vivid photographs, but you get to learn about the artist who created the piece that you’re about to purchase.
“We want you to know about who you’re buying from. We want you to feel that attachment to the product and to the hands that created it.”
I think that this is one of the reasons that I like purchasing my jewelry from them.With over 30,000 handcrafted works of art, I know that I am supporting the artists themselves and that what I buy will be a handmade, unique piece.
Oh, and in case you were wondering what I purchased. After some very INTENSE shopping, I decided that I wanted earrings, a cuff and a ring. The Hypnotic Thai cuff bracelet from Achara is both classic and modern at the same time. I have been slowly adding bracelets to my right wrist. I began with a Carribean Hook bracelet, added a Yurman piece and now this one (although frankly this cuff stands out so much that I’ve taken to wearing it all on it’s own).
The ordering process is VERY easy and NOVICA accepts all major credit cards as well as PayPal and Amazon.com payment. I was also very happy to see that my purchases arrived much more quickly than I had anticipated (since what I purchased came from Thailand).
You can see the rest of my collection of NOVICA purchases on Champagne Living later this week.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
Thank you to NOVICA for providing us with a gift certificate so that I could purchase and review their site. We were in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly our own.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Bro’B’s blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter about this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on June 22, 2010 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck