These are the things I know
- Double Down when I have an Ace and the dealer is showing a 5 or 6
- Split aces – no matter WHAT the dealer is showing
- Never split a pair of 10’s – the only way the dealer can beat you is with a 21
- Always split 8’s
- A pair of 5’s shouldn’t be split – you’re already 1/2 way to a good hand
- That I love Las Vegas and the excitement of being in a casino.
What I don’t know
- How the point system works for getting comps (I’ve been comped many a time, & still don’t understand it).
- How to play craps – other than to pass line – I stay away
- Why anyone plays the wheel – it’s a sucker bet
- How to get the BEST deals at the casinos.
That last statement has changed for me since getting a copy of the 2010 American Casino Guide. This great little book is like one of those Entertainment type books, filled with 226 2-for-1 offers on buffets, meals, shows, hotel rooms, and attractions. Most are exclusive to the book and not offered anywhere else. Add to that, instruction as to how to play most of the popular casino games and a DIRECTORY of casino’s throughout the United States and you’ve got the ultimate guide for the frugal gambler.
They even have a full online site that includes a casino directory with listings by both state and city. Of course the guide book contains so much more information including
- The toll-free number of the casinos
- Complete Dining Information
- Buffets and PRICES
- What games are offered
- Hotel rooms and suites – including RATES
- Casino size
- SENIOR discounts
- and much, much more
If you read my other site Champagne Living, you already know that I LOVE to gamble. I grew up in a family that owned race horses and spent weekends at the track. I learned to play blackjack by the age of 6. One of the things that I learned along the way – never lose more than I can afford to. I make certain to ONLY bring as much money as I would feel comfortable losing (and leave the credit and debit cards at home). For me it’s entertainment, just like going out to dinner or the theater.
If you enjoy the slots or playing table games, or even just go to the casinos to take advantage of the great restaurants, shows and buffets – the 2010 American Casino Guide is a must have.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
We were provided a copy of this guide for my book review.and were in no way compensated. All opinions are strictly our own.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Bro’B’s blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter about this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on May 18, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck