With lots of colorful origami paper, ribbons, sequins, and glue, Klutz has done it again. Klutz books are what I reach for at Barnes and Nobles – with 6 grandkids, and babysitting skills that are nil, I NEED their help. They have so many fun activities and this one was exceptional.
My 8 year old granddaughter Libby and I sat down to make an origami skirt. Now, Libby is not only beautiful, she’s the most precocious little girl I know. Smart, witty and easily bored because of her intelligence, this was the perfect project. We both struggled with the complicated art of origami and laughed at our mistakes. BUT we did it and the fact that it required concentration and focus gave us a great sense of accomplishment. I love that Klutz challenges kids and parents to combine skills to create and I want to foster Libby’s great sense of art and the lessons that crafts offer. We had a wonderful time with the origami and it was just difficult enough to challenge us. Another winner from Klutz, I will let Libby’s smile and great creation speak for itself. (By the way, the directions are very direct and origami is not a simple art form. We messed up a lot and fixing our mistakes was a much fun as making sure we folded correctly, teaching Libby and myself that mistakes can be fun too! That’s one of the things I love most about Klutz – they challenge and direct both parents and kids in a way that is fun to interact and figure things out! Superlative!).
This kit comes with 80 sheets of double sided patterned paper in two sizes. Libby loved trying to do the shoe – but Grandma got in the way! So we will try it again next time! Great fun.
Book Review by Broad “A” – Ava
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook <<< NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Bro’B’s new blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck