As I sit on the phone moaning to Broad Z about the blogger’s life – overwhelm, overwhelmed, overwhelming, – I reach for “The Pocket Therapist”. This little book has 144 “vignettes” of wisdom (the last lesson – DON’T FORGET TO HAVE FUN). I figure at $50.00 a session – what I would pay for a therapist – that’s a lot of money saved! (I am so impatient I don’t have the sense to figure out the calculator on the computer so I am just leaving it to you math whizzes out there to calculate all those dollars saved!). This little book is indeed helpful – my lesson for the day:
“Take the system that Al Gore created…The Internet. When I receive an email in my inbox, I feel pressured to respond immediately because I am a stage-four-people-pleaser. I used to stop what I was working on, read it, and respond. That was until responding to email began to consume my whole day. When I was unable to finish my projects during working hours, I stayed up late to work, which caused another set of problems soon to be discussed.” (I devote these words to Broad Z!)
Therese J. Borchard comes up with a witty way to solve the dilemma! I loved every entry in this common sense little book of help for us Type A people and for everyone in between. Great common sense, wisdom and helpful hints to lighten up, fly straight and take care of ourselves that I am now keeping in my purse and wearing out by reaching for it every hour on the hour! Light tone, great writing, skillful assists, Ms. Borchard is A-ok in my book, and this is one item I needed desperately!
So today, Broad Z, I will not whine in your ear on the phone about how backed up I am! I decided to just write the reviews! Ta da!
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Book Review by Broad “A” – Ava
The Pocket Therapist: An Emotional Survival Kit is available for purchase at Amazon.com $10.07
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing this title for our book review as well as this giveaway. We were in no way paid or compensated for our opinions.
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook <<< NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Bro’B’s new blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on April 17, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck