“Oh what a tangled web we weave” – tangled being the verb here! Another Dead Sea Scroll adventure revolving around Daniel Knox, an archaeologist who stumbles into crime at an ancient temple in Amarna Egypt, we circle around allusions to Amarna’s greatest pharaoh, Akenaten. Writer Will Stafford claims Akenaten was Moses. Colleagues at the site disagree – Gaille and Fatima, both well known archaeologists, find Stafford a fool. Dan Knox, their colleague, agrees. Suddenly Dan Know and his friend Omar are run off the road and almost killed. Omar dies. Knox escapes and is charged with the crime. It seems a Reverent Petersen has found the ancient site of the temple and has found the Copper Scroll, a document which holds the answers as to whether Akenaten really was Moses, leading his believers of the sun god Aten out of Egypt.
I didn’t buy into the plot or characters by page 120 and found myself confused with unclear historical data presented. I asked two friends to read the book, and both got to chapter two and didn’t find it interesting enough to continue. However, the facts and premise are wonderful for those of us who love Egyptology, and there is certainly a place for another novel about Akenaten. However, don’t get your Dan Brown genes going, this novel does not have the impact of “Angels and Demons” nor “The Da Vinci Code.”
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Book Review by Broad “A” – Ava
The Exodus Quest is available for pre-order at Amazon.com $16.49
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing this title for our book review as well as this giveaway. We were in no way paid or compensated for our opinions.
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook <<< NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Bro’B’s new blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on April 8, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck