Every few years I notice that a new health “bible” gets released. You know what I mean, one of those books that covers just about EVERYTHING in the health, beauty and fitness fields only with ONE chapter on each. The last one that I bought was from a doctor that I’m sure that everyone is familiar with (he has a TV show). I find that these books tend to give you a little information and then set you up to buy book #2 from the same author (a diet book or something similar).
The “healthy bible” is Prime-Time Health by Dr. William Sears, MD. The difference is that it’s actually targeting a specific age group MINE!!! I LIKE that. Oh sure, it offers plenty of suggestions for those of you who are younger to help you AVOID all of the stuff that 50+ year olds like myself are dealing with, but overall it teaches those of us who’ve already done everything bad how to get BACK ON TRACK to living a healthy lifestyle.
What a PERFECT addition to my New Year’s resolution list of books. Reading through Prime-Time Health, I immediate realize that there is NO glossing over subjects. The 430 pages are FULL of information that not only tackles diet and exercise, but also my favorite 3 S’s – Sleep, Sex and Stress. From changes to help you control your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar to cutting your chances of getting cancer Dr. Sears shows how we can turn on “hundreds of genes that help prevent diseases and turn off genes that promote heart disease, prostate cancer, breast cancer and other illnesses.”
You’ll learn why healthy gums help to create a healthy body and what you can do to improve your gum health, how to “spice up” your immune system and of course eat well and exercise.
Included is an 8-week program that is well thought out and easy to follow.
I like the fact that this program is easy to follow and teaches that making even small changes in your current lifestyle can make a LARGE change later on. Of course there are no guarantees that you’ll be free of disease and disability, but I’m thinking that every thing I can do to insure a longer, HEALTHIER life (meaning that I can still go out and have FUN) is worthwhile doing.
Prime-Time Health: A Scientifically Proven Plan for Feeling Young and Living Longer is available for purchase at Amazon.com for $17.15 or from you local book seller for $25.99.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
Thank you to Hachette Book Group for providing this title for this book review as well as this giveaway. I was in no way paid or compensated for my opinion.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Bro’B’s new blog – I Pity the Blog <<<<NEW!!
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Blog about this giveaway
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on January 23, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck