I’ve been working on my list of resolutions. OMG – it’s SO long that I need a pair of binoculars to see from one end to the other. Of course as always one of my resolutions is to lose weight and tone this old body of mine. Life is just not glamourous when you’re overweight and have to buy “THAT SIZE” (whatever “that size” is for YOU). I have to say that I’m pretty proud of myself, because I’ve actually lost a few pounds already (yikes, I shouldn’t jinx myself by telling you that).
As you might already know, Denise Austin, is one of the premiere fitness experts. She’s just released a book filled with diet-related material, and a program to help keep you strong, fit, and flexible, and she does it by the dozen.
With chapters that include yoga, cardio and fat burning (as well as toning) her “daily dozen tips” include how to eat better for less and boost your energy, sleep better and slim down all at the same time.
Beginning a diet and exercise program can certainly be overwhelming, especially when you haven’t been doing either.Ms. Austin breaks all of the elements down, a dozen at a time to make this every day program easy to follow. She even gives a day by day guide (The Plan), so that all you have to do is go to MONDAY or TUESDAY, etc. and your entire exercise and diet program for the day is in ONE chapter. This uncomplicated style will fit into my day quite easily.
For example –
- Monday – Cardio Fat Blast
- Tuesday – Lower-Body and Ab Workout
- Wednesday – Cardio Kickbox Workout
- Thursday – Upper-Body and Ab Workout
- Friday – Body Boot Camp Workout
- Saturday – Athletic Kettlebell-Inspired Workout
- Sunday – Yoga Stretch Workout
By mixing things up, you’ll never get bored with this. She even includes twelve meals that take all of twelve minutes to make (see, I told you it would fit into your day easily).
I definitely like her no-nonsense approach to getting into shape.This book gets a thumbs up from “Z” (now if I could just get my butt off of this chair and do something…….)
Denise’s Daily Dozen: The Easy, Every Day Program to Lose Up to 12 Pounds in 2 Weeks is available for purchase at Amazon.com for $11.55 or from your local book dealer for $16.99.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
Thank you to Hachette Book Group for providing this title for this book review as well as this giveaway. I wasin no way paid or compensated for my opinion.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Bro’B’s new blog – I Pity the Blog <<<<NEW!!
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Blog about this giveaway
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on January 20, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck