by: Mama Doni
Walk into any store during December and you’ll hear it….Christmas Carols. Growing up Jewish I used to wonder WHY the stores only played music touting Santa and his sleigh, Christmas trees and even the religious aspect of a holiday that my family didn’t celebrate.
There used to be a song or two about spinning the dreidel and THAT WAS IT. So much for celebrating the season. Of course when I got older, we had Adam Sandler’s Chanukah song (and a few CD’s by the Leevee’s), but still …. there is VERY little that speaks to the younger generation.
So, you can imagine how excited I was to receive a copy of “Chanukah Fever” by Mama Doni. For those who haven’t experienced Mama Doni’s music before, she blends reggae, rock, disco, Latin, klezmer and “Jewgrass” together for a sound that is totally HIP and most of all FUN! Doni describes it as “funky music with a Jewish twist.”
The Mama Doni Band won the Simcha Award for “Inspiring Joy Through Music,” in competition with more than 100 bands from 15 different countries at the 2008 International Jewish Music Festival in Amsterdam.
I just think this is a great gift for ANY night of Chanukah and a CD that your kids will be listening to year after year.
Chanukah Fever is available for purchase in both CD ($15.00) as well as download ($9.99).
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
I’d like to thank Elizabeth at Waldman PR for providing this CD for my review. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.
1. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
2. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
3. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
4. Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
5. Add our badge to your blog/site
6. Blog about this giveaway
7. E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
8. Twitter this giveaway.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on December 28, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck