I certainly enjoyed the prior “All About Us” series by Shelly Adina, liking the theme of teenage friends in an exclusive girls school – Spencer Academy in CA. The Christian and spiritual elements that Adina captured so lightly but sincerely in her other novels becomes a little bit more implicit in this novel.
The novel, which follows friends Gillian Chang, Lissa Mansfield, Carly Aragon, Lady Lindsay MacPhail, Danyel and Kaz proves full of lessons and growing of age values for the friends.
Gone from school this senior year is Mac (Lady MacPhail) who is with her parents in Scotland. The girls’ arch enemy, Vanessa, the snarky prom queen to be shows up pregnant. As the four friends try to decide on which college to go to, and the Senior Cotillion, they all get involved in Vanessa’s drama in different ways.
I enjoy the way that Adina writes for teens, and yet I found the Christian bent a little too overdone. Because it was more subtle in her previous novels, it became the essence of the basis of the girls morals. This novel presents a wonderful plot and theme, but Christianity outstages the presence of the girls and their dilemmas. However, the book, like the others in the series shows a true passion and nature of teenagers and how to find their way to themselves within the love for others. Very good read, and I highly recommend it for teenage girls.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Book Review by Broad “A” – Ava
All About Us #6: The Chic Shall Inherit the Earth: An All About Us Novel is available for pre-order from Amazon.com for $9.99 and will be available at booksellers nation wide on January 7, 2010.
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing this title for our book review as well as this giveaway. We were in no way paid or compensated for our opinions.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on January 5, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck