Just in passing – I couldn’t live without my friends! Broad Z is my complete opposite and yet my best friend. I am techno-not, disorganized, non-verbal, can’t figure out machines, cry on a dime and am good with writing. Z is brilliant with anything techno, can converse about anything with poise, charm, wit and intelligence, – and she too cries on a dime!
So how do we teach our girls to cherish the love that friendship brings? We teach them YOUNG – and that’s where Klutz begins. A friendship bracelet is creative, fun and a visual token of love and that your friend is your heart.
I love the Klutz books because the directions are easy and very visual. Every step is detailed. The basics of bracelets change with different knot techniques – a tradition started long ago by sailors who would send their beloved an untied knot. If the knot came back tied, she loved him. Untied – find someone else! The knots taught in the book are square knot, zigzag, dewdrop, and lark loops. Girls can add beads – in two sizes and multicolored – to their bracelets, and/or heart charms or flower charms. Forty yards of cord are included, six charms and more than 200 beads.
I’m off to make Zippy a friendship bracelet! One of the things that I learn from my grandchildren is that we are all kids at heart. Of course, there’s lots of materials left for Isa to make her friends charm bracelets to let each one of them know she holds them dear. Love starts at home – let’s keep the knots going…
P.S. Thanks to Klutz Books for a delightful book, quality materials and for sending important lessons to us to review as well as for this giveaway.
Klutz Fancy Friendship Bracelets is available for $19.99 and makes a GREAT holiday gift.
Also – sign up to be a Klutz Insider and receive 25% off your next purchase.
Review By Broad “A” – Ava
1. Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
2. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
3. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
4. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
5. Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
6. Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
7. Blog about this giveaway
8. E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
9. Twitter this giveaway.
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 30, 2009 11:59 EST
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder*