Harry Connick, Jr.
Broad Z: I LOVE music. As a matter of fact I love just about any TYPE of music. If you look in my CD “drawer” you’ll see everything from classical to emo.
Broad A: Well, you know that I love different styles as well, but Sarah Brightman is my favorite. Who’s your favorite Z?
Broad Z: That’s a tough one A, it depends on the mood. Usually it’s James Taylor, but since “B” recorded an album years ago (with Straight on til Morning) I have times when I play that one over and over again. Did you get the new Harry Connick, Jr. CD that the One 2 One Network sent us to review?
Broad A: Sure did.
Broad Z: So, before I let loose….what did you thing?
Broad A: These might be “our”songs, and I appreciate the effort – AND I fell asleep by the time “Can’t Help Falling in Love With You” seeped from the CD.
Broad Z: LOL – I guess you let loose before I did. So we agree on this. Funny thing is that I used LIKE Harry Connick, Jr. At least I did until I got “Your Songs.
Broad A: It’s a passionless CD, I felt trapped in my living room with Clem The Dachshund howling beside me. “Mona Lisa” did it. Try as I might, this CD fell flat, flatter, and flattest as I tried to find one song rendition that I liked. NADA.
Broad Z: Yeah, it was like being trapped in an elevator with no way out. It’s just that it’s done before….TOO MANY times before. I’m sorry but, my 82 year old dad would be falling asleep to this one.
Broad A: A master artist at soft music, Mr. Connick, Jr. usually titillates and sends me to the moon, but “Your Songs” sent me into Dante’s 8th ring. I felt like I was spiraling down some into the “Abyss of Boredom.” Where oh where did my little dog go?
Broad Z: There you go, doing the poetic thing again. I guess I’ll just be myself and use MY OWN poetry. IT SUCKED.
Broad A: I’m in hiding on this one.
Broad Z: No hiding here, I’ve got a new coaster for my coffee table made out of a CD.
Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):
- * All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
- * Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
- * Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
- * And I Love Her (The Beatles)
- * (They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
- * Besame Mucho
- * The Way You Look Tonight
- * First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
- * Your Song (Elton John)
- * Some Enchanted Evening
- * And I Love You So (Don McLean)
- * Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
- * Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
- * Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Thank you to the One2One Network for providing Harry Connick, Jr.’s Your Songs to review as well as a copy to give away to one lucky reader.
You can learn more about Harry Connick, Jr. on his website or on his facebook
1. Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
2. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
3. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
4. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
5. Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
6. Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
7. Blog about this giveaway
8. E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
9. Twitter this: Win a copy of “Your Songs” from The Broads at http://tinyurl.com/ydtfmjd
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 21, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck