Author: Marcia Muller
The ceiling. Shar (Sharon) McCone, owner of McCone Investigations, lies motionless in a hospital bed staring at the ceiling. She tries to speak and can’t. Then she opens her mouth to scream, but nothing comes out. So she tries to push the button on the bed to call the nurse – nothing. Her mind and senses are going full scale, whirling with thoughts – where am I? Why can’t I move? Why is she, the powerful owner of one of the top investigation firms in the country, staring at a ceiling? And where is Hy Ripinski, her husband?
Shar hears steps come in and stares up at the face of a doctor. She blinks her eyes. He sees nothing. She hears but cannot see Hy’s steadfast steps alongside the doctor. “Locked In” syndrome, the doctor says to the faceless Hy. “She can see and hear and understand, but she can’t function physically. The bullet fragment rests on her brain stem.”
The dark staircase – opening her office door a night or two ago – when? – to get her cell phone – then pain and noise – and this.
So begins Shar and Ty’s recovery – and the novel “Locked In.” Interesting and staccato paced, “Locked In” by Marcia Muller proves more than a “who done it” crime novel. As McCone Investigations, Shar’s cohorts and friends pull out all stops to find her would be assassin, Shar fights for her life – then enters into the investigation herself with Hy’s help. Shar’s slow recovery, Hy’s devotedness and the resourcefulness of her operatives find all the clues – as Shar leads them to one clue after another with blinks of her eyes – in this fast paced, well written, crime novel. Join the ride as McCone Investigations cracks the case – and Shar and Hy find even more strength in their union.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
Locked In can be purchased at Amazon.com for $14.61
1. Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
2. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
3. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
4. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
5. Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
6. Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
7. Blog about this giveaway
8. E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
9. Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on November 2, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* Good Luck