Broad Z: Oh, it’s a KIDS CD? Well, it had ME getting out of my seat and DANCING too.
Broad A: I have not been “exposed” to young children’s music since I was a young Mom although I do watch Sesame Street (I’m opening the door wide for Broad Z to take a swat!)
Broad Z: Who me? NEVER. Why would I take a swat at your high-brow television viewing? I’m kidding of course, because I too watched Sesame Street with “B” and even invited Bert & Ernie to our wedding (almost 30 years ago). I’ll have to tell you that story some time.
Broad A: This CD had me laughing and jumping and my 8 and 10 year old grandkids. We had a DanceFest.
Broad Z: Well, I listened to it first on my own and then with my niece. She made everyone at dinner get up and dance with her. Rebecca and her band have been a staple on PBS Kids as well as the Noggin Channel, so five year old “A” was VERY familiar with them.
Broad A: All of the songs were excellent; here were my faves:
- Big Truck Remix – Easy rock version of the Big Yellow Truck grooving down the road to the folksy voice of Rebecca Frezza. The instrumentals were vibrant and intricate – excellent!
- Rock Like This – Boogie music for tots and preteens. Introduces children to fun and guitar beat. Great for teaching job and body movement. Just plain joyous! We bopped around until the dog started nipping at our feet (he really wanted to dance too!)
- Hey-O – Demands participation! Gordon of Sesame Street sings along with Rebecca and has a great voice. Jaunty simple lyrics throughout that kids adore and can swing to!
Broad Z: OK, well, my niece and I just LOVED the Remix of Big Truck, but I have to say that after all of the singing, jumping and dancing that was going on, I was happy to end it all with the folksy Smiling Moon. By the way “A”, I know that you listened to the CD, but we listened and WATCHED the video on my computer. Here’s what you missed….
Broad A: This CD jumps, shouts, moves all about, twirls and reverberates with music that toddlers and up love. Lots of motion, great intro to instrumentals – just plain KidFun. Frezza’s versatile voice – from vibrant, volatile, to VERY sweet captivates and charms.
Broad Z: I’ll agree with you. For the kids the lyrics are easy to remember and sing along with, the beats are VERY danceable (comes from Ms. Frezza’s background as a dancer) and the music is fun and even ADULT friendly. You may just find yourself singing and humming these tunes even when the KIDS AREN’T AROUND (although I have to say that I HATE when that happens – it makes me look like a dork).
Broad A: I highly recommend this CD for kids and adults alike. A definite stocking stuffer in this house!
Rockin’, Rollin’ and Ridin’ with Rebecca Frezza & Big Truck will be available for purchase beginning November 10th.
A big thank you to Rebecca Frezza & Big Truck for providing the CD for our listening/reviewing as well as this giveaway.
1. Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
2. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
3. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
4. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
5. Twitter this giveaway
6. Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
7. Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 14, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck