Broad A: I am a scrupulous eater of good food – goat yogurt, vitamins, supplements, organic produce (oops – except those nightly Ben & Jerry’s ice cream binges – Cherry Garcia emotes to me!). So I was totally thrilled when Minute Rice sent me their single-serving One Minute microwave natural brown rice.
Broad Z: OK, so my idea of good food is grabbing a burger on the run and some greasy fries, but I’m with you on the ice cream (although Cherry Garcia “A”? YUCK). It’s not that I don’t ENJOY healthy food. I do. I love fresh foods, but when it comes to spending time in the kitchen, I really don’t enjoy it. I can be fairly lazy (who ME?).. Especially when hubby is out on the golf course and I have to grab something just for myself.
Broad A: I am single too, so I scoffed up the opportunity for FAST and EASY (I only cook for my dachshund Clem).
Broad Z: Well, I’m married – but, we have VERY different tastes in food.
Broad A: So last night I actually had a meal. Instead of organic arugla, organic cherry tomatoes, organic kale (it’s only a little bit bitter) I had a steak, natural whole grain minute rice, and – you guessed it! Canned organic green beans. I am trying so hard not to be the Good Girl here! It was yummy.
Broad Z: Hey, why didn’t you invite me over? Just kidding, it’s a long walk from Florida to Utah.
Broad A: You know how you have to cook regular brown rice – FOREVER. Yeah, bummer. Well, Minute Rice has come up with the perfect solution – ONE minute ladies, and I get to feel smug until I binge Macadamia Nut Maelstrom!
Broad Z: Did you know that you can also get these Ready to Serve containers of Minute Rice in Long Grain White Rice and Chicken Rice Mix as well? So now, when hubby wants his chicken sauté over white rice and I want mine over brown, I don’t have to make two pots of rice. This is going to make life a whole lot easier.
Broad A: Gotta give it to Minute Rice, this idea is awesome, and delicious. And Clem – he loved it too! Thanks to the folks at Minute Rice for making the single life a little better – one grain at a time!
Broad Z: One grain at a time….I like that. Maybe Minute Rice will hire you in their advertising department. You could write slogans. In all seriousness, this is a GREAT product for moms, dads, kids who want a wholesome rice, but just don’t have the time to wait.
Thank you to Minute Rice for providing these delicious cups of rice for our review as well as this giveaway.
Minute Rice is offering $1.00 off coupons on their website – so that you can try them as well.
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Tell a friend – if they subscribe or follow The Review Broads you get an entry (with unlimited entries) – please put their e-mail address as well as yours in the comments.
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 16, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck