“What I’m doing to deal with the Fall”
- Start waking up early. Hey, vacations OVER and everyone in the house needs to be on a schedule.
- Back to School – I’m not even going there. For those in the midst of buying clothes, school supplies & dealing with a child who wants summer to NEVER end (can’t blame ’em), I wish you the BEST.
- Put the grill away for the season.
- Take out the crockpot – it’s time for hearty soups and stews
I’m most excited about the last one. Don’t get me wrong, I love grilling outside – but I’m SICK of eating the same foods over and over again. So, in anticipation I dusted off the crockpot and it’s sitting PROUDLY on the counter ready to help me cook the most delicious meals with no fuss.
Delicaé Gourmet sent me some of their newest kits from the Delicaé Pantry of Slow Cooker Soups and Dinners to make using my crockpot even EASIER. With all of the dry ingredients already packaged up for you, it’s a mere 5 minutes of prep time to prepare a meal with an old fashioned homemade flavor.
Last week I tried their Country Harvest Corn Chowder (I’ve been craving GOOD corn chowder for WEEKS). Making it was a breeze. I just combined the items in the packet along with a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cans of Creamed Corn, some half & half and water – turned on my crockpot (that took MUCH less than 5 minutes) and we had a delicious dinner of soup and crusty bread. I think that the bread took longer to heat up than the entire dinner took to prepare.
The flavor rivaled anything that I could have made from scratch. OK – confession time – it EXCEEDED anything that I could have made from scratch. The effort that Delicaé Gourmet puts into combining just the right ingredients to create dishes that everyone from your pickiest eater to YOU will enjoy.
BE AWARE – that the sizes are for a FAMILY. Many of Delicaé Gourmet’s dinners serve 10 or 11 people. For me, it meant taking what we didn’t use and freezing it for the future. For a family with hearty eaters – it means that Mom (or Dad) don’t have to spend HOURS in the kitchen mincing, dicing, slicing, etc. to put a hearty meal on the table.
Tonight I’m going to try the Italian Farm-Style Chicken Dinner and because I add the tomatoes, and fresh chicken I just know that once again, I’ll be enjoying a dinner that tastes like I’ve slaved over it all day.
I want to thank Barbara and Delicaé Gourmet for sending me all of these FABULOUS dinners as well as this opportunity to let one of YOU win some of them as well. If you get the chance, take a peek at their ABOUT page, I found it VERY interesting to learn about their backgrounds in the music business and how they came to produce these gourmet items.
Go to Delicaé Gourmet and pick out what you would order if you won the $25 gift certificate.
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Tell a friend – if they subscribe or follow The Review Broads you get an entry (with unlimited entries) – please put their e-mail address as well as yours in the comments.
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 17, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck