Broad A: Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce is delicious, fun and versatile! And I am no cook.
Broad Z: Come on “A” I’ve seen inside your cupboards, you’ve got ALL of the fixin’s of a great cook. It’s ME who should be talking about NOT being a cook (unless you count microwaving leftovers from the restaurant last night). OK, so what did you make?
Broad A: I marinated chicken breasts in the sauce (how hard is that) and baked them for twenty minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Broad Z: Mmmmm, I can smell them cooking over the Internet it sounds so good. Even I could do that. So, how did they come out?
Broad A: The result was – perfection. Not too piquant, not too sweet. The flavor was a smooth, slightly smoked taste and the chicken was very tender.
Broad Z: Well, I’ve got a confession to make. I just slapped a burger on the grill and put Country Bob’s on as a condiment (there’s just no accounting for my laziness). The good thing? Mr. “Z” thought that I had ACTUALLY MADE SOMETHING UNIQUE.
Broad A: I liked this sauce better than A-1 Steak Sauce because it had more pizazz. That extra flavor that one can’t define, but just is.
Broad Z: I’ll tell you what the difference is. It tastes FRESH! That other one you mentioned, tastes like a bottled steak sauce. Country Bob’s tastes like it’s made with the freshest ingredients, so whatever I put it on had a homemade flavor.
Broad A: One of my favorite recipes that came in the brochure with the Country
Bob’s Sauce is:
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
½ cup Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce
½ cup chili sauce
2 T lemon juice
3T prepared horseradish
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Chill for 1 hour. Use as a dip
for seafood pices, breaded vegetables, unbreaded chicken pieces or
French Fries. Yield: 1 cup
Broad Z: My mouth is watering just thinking about dipping some JUMBO shrimp into that sauce. There’s gossip going around that you made a dish with the cocktail sauce that you created from Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce .
Broad A: Sure did….I used this sauce for a great appetizer dish – Crab Bayou.
Broad Z: OK, give it up – I know you’re not one to keep your recipes a secret.
Broad A: Take a nice medium sized crystal bowl as this is best seen as layered and makes beautiful layers and an elegant look.
1. Soften 2 packages of cream cheese.
2. Open 2 cans of real crabmeat.
3. Have 2 cups (double recipe) of Country Bob’s Shrimp Sauce, chilled, ready.
- In the bottom of the bowl, spread the cream cheese about ½ inch evenly in the bowl.
- Spread the 2 cans of crabmeat evenly over the first layer.
- Then spread about ½ to 3/8 inch of Shrimp Sauce on top, the last layer.
- Serve as an appetizer with RITZ crackers (RITZ is the best cracker to use, I have tried many).
This is one of the best, most elegant and SIMPLE appetizers I have ever eaten, and your friends and family will consider you a Cooking Goddess (and a great Broad!).
Broad Z: Wow, much nicer than the store bought cakes I usually bring with me to parties. By the way, you can pick up Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce AND the Spicy variety (as well as their BBQ Sauce and Seasoning Salt) at locations near you. Or you just be lazy like me and order online (shipping is FREE).
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Overall: 5* for great taste, great recipes, smoothness and versatility of your superb all purpose sauce!
The broads would like to thank Al of Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce for providing us with some great sauce and cooking ideas for our review as well as bottles of the sauce to giveaway to 2 lucky readers.
Country Bob’s is giving away 2 bottles of their DELICIOUS sauce to two lucky readers.
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 1, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck