Move over Jimmy Buffett, toss out those chocolate covered coconut patties, it’s time to dive into the REAL DEAL. Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the most versatile products that I’ve come across in a long time.
Broad “A” has been touting the use of coconut oil for the longest time. She’s such a health nut and I’m….well, let’s not get into that now (suffice to say that I’m NOT).
Tropical Traditions recently sent me a bottle of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil as well as a very informative book (with a GREAT cookbook section) “Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! “ by Brian & Marianita Jader Shilhavy. The book explains the health benefits of adding coconut oil to your diet. OMG – it sounds just like “A.”
1. I put some into my dog’s (Clem the Mini Bull-Terrier) food daily. Within the week, his coat started gleaming! OK, so “A” was right – PLEASE don’t tell her I said that, she’ll get a big head.
2. I used it to condition my hair. Since my mom always used olive oil to deep condition her hair, and I don’t like the SMELL of olive oil on my hair, “A” suggested I try the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. I simply put it in my hair and worked it in. I covered my head with a plastic shower cap to hold the heat in. Two hours later I washed it out. Not only was my hair glossy and healthy looking, but it SMELLED yummy!
3. I started using it in my diet daily. Since I haven’t been using it for very long, I can’t tell you about any benefits YET. If you’d like to know more about the health benefits, you might want to check out the book.
4. I began cooking with it in place of other oils. I simply accessed the bazillion FREE RECIPES that they’ve got listed on the site and went to town.
5. I put the lime in the coconut and twist it all up (apologies to Harry Nilsson) – sorry, I couldn’t resist.
Tropical Traditions is offering a FREE copy of this incredible book with your first order over $16 if you click on “referred by a friend”, and you use Sponsor ID number: 5487329
My take on this product?
So far, so good. I LOVED what it did for both Clem’s hair and mine and it adds great flavor to the foods I’ve been adding it to.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
Please note!!! Information left on this form will be used ONLY to send to the sponsor for prize distribution. Once you submit the form, it will only be seen by me (Broad “Z”).
We have been having problems with entrants not responding to winning e-mails and feel that this would be much easier.
If you would rather us contact you via e-mail and NOT leave your information, please just put NA in each of the text areas. You will have 48 hours to respond after being sent a winning e-mail before we remove you from our “WIN” list.
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 8, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck