Author: Candace Dow
Candice Dow reminded me of Danielle Steele in her approach to her novels. This is a good, fast read.
Devin Patterson is a black man on the rise. He is trying for the Congressional seat for Maryland and he has his parents money, charm, good looks and charisma to do the job.
So how can such a smart guy have a personal life that bangs like a buoy every time he jumps in the lake? His first wife, Clark, was the love of his life. But he left her to marry another woman. He left her after ten months and remarried Taylor, whom he considers a trophy bride for his career – she is svelte, beautiful and elegant. But Taylor has no intentions of being a political wife and soon Devin is arranging a meeting behind Taylor’s back with his first love, Clark. As the two fall in love again, (they have never fallen out of love) Devin invites Clark to Nicaragua with him to assist in his Love Your People program which assists black children and their parents, many with AIDS.
Clark is smitten with one of the women, who makes her promise to take her baby boy now named Devin when she dies. The baby is tested for the HIV virus and comes out positive. When tested again at 9 months old, however, he is HIV free. Clark is raising her niece, and isn’t even sure if Devin will leave Taylor like he promises. And then there is Clark’s husband Kenneth to contend with, who has just been jailed on charges of molesting one of the young girls in Clark’s foster home for mothers and at risk teenagers. Clark rushes home, knowing she cannot leave Kenneth as she is sure that he is innocent and she must stand by him for the trial.
In the meantime, Devin and Taylor are trying to make it work so Deven will win the campaign. When the press finds out about Devin’s affair with Clark and spread pictures throughout the media, Devin’s political career looks dicey.
The ending is a good one, and I enjoyed this novel.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
“Feelin the Vibe” can be purchased at Amazon.com for $11.19
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing our review copy as well as copies to give away.
Don’t forget a DAILY ENTRY means more chances to win
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Tell a friend – if they subscribe or follow The Review Broads you get an entry (with unlimited entries) – please put their e-mail address as well as yours in the comments.
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 22, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck