Author: Shelley Adina
“Tidings of Great Boys” features 17-year-old Lady Lindsay Eithne MacPhail (Mac to her friends) and is a delight of a novel.
Mac, the daughter of the Scottish earl of Straithcairn and his divorced wife, the countess, has a few ulterior motives when she invites her new friends to the castle for Christmas. Mac is a student at Spencer’s Academy in California. Her prep school friends, Carly, Shani, Lissa and Gillian all decide to go to Straithcairn for the holidays.
Shani has just turned down the Prince of Yasmir, Rashed for a marriage that has been destined since her birth. The consequences are that her family’s prominent business has been destroyed by the Sheik of Yasmir, and her family is now poor.
Mac secretly plans to bring her parents back together again. However, as soon as she arrives home with her friends, she finds out that her father is in dire straits and will lose the castle that has been in their family for 400 years if they don’t do something quickly. Then, to her surprise, her mother shows up at the castle from London. She and Mac put their heads together and come up with a plan to save the castle.
A coming of age story, the five girls all have their own set of problems, especially when they find out that Mac’s childhood friends hate them. As the girls settle in at the castle, they get to know
each other even better. Mac finds out that her Scottish friends have betrayed her with a horrible prank they have played on Shani and the Prince.
This is a great novel for preteen and teenage girls – 12 to 16 – with lots of fun, special moments and just plain girl stuff. Written with a Christian bent without being stuffy, the values of home, friendship, and family hits its mark. I highly recommend it as a fast, fun read for young girls.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
“Tidings of Great Boys” can be purchased at Amazon.com for under $10.
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing our review copy as well as copies to give away.
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Fave us on technorati.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Tell a friend – if they subscribe or follow The Review Broads you get an entry (with unlimited entries) – please put their e-mail address as well as yours in the comments.
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 14, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck