- Last minute
- Oh, I have nothing to wear (I’ll just iron the dirty shirt)
- That’s tonight?
- Wait, I’ll toss the dirty clothes in the closet, companies coming.
kind of way.
Broad “A” can attest to the fact that my house was always a bit upside down. I attributed it to my artistic side (hey, I had to blame it on SOMETHING). But, the truth of the matter was that I never really learned HOW to keep a household running smoothly. They just don’t teach those things in school!
Something happened when I retired. I had way too much time on my hands and my house magically became clean and organized. The problem was, that once I started a major project (oh, like say – The Review Broads) that I fell back to my old ways.
I knew that I had still not learned anything, I was just bored and keeping things orderly killed the boredom. So, once again I need help. Not only that, but my son (you know him as Bro’ B our music, DVD & FUN stuff reviewer) takes after mom. It’s amazing that despite our lack of management we both seem to get what we really want to do DONE.
I knew it was time to call in the BIG GUNS and learn from scratch. I contacted Beverly Coggins, a professional organizer and author of the 1-2-3 Get Organized book series for HELP! Beverly sent me a book to help ME with Three Steps to Clever Cleaning and one for “B” calledThree Steps to Time Management for the College Student to review and help us to get our lives in order (literally).
Three Steps to Clever Cleaning is a mini-book that takes the overwhelming task of cleaning your entire home and breaks it down into very easy steps. From choosing the proper supplies to creating a PLAN Beverly breaks down your weekly cleaning into a schedule that works for YOU. Knowing that when faced with an entire house to clean at once I tend to procrastinate, I prefer her “A-room-a-day” method. She also has a chapter for cleaning that doesn’t need to be done as often.
I love the step by step easy approach. I found it to be not only doable, but motivating knowing that at he end of each week, my house would be CLEAN and I wouldn’t be stressed about it.
I took a look at Three Steps to Time Management for the College Students before sending it off to “B” at school. I am SO impressed. From “determining your priorities, passions and gifts” to creating a plan to follow through with them, this book will not only help your child get good grades, but there’s a section on money management, study tips, etc.
I like the fact that it’s a workbook, where you can write out your goals and what steps you’ll take to achieve them. From setting priorities to learning how to schedule your time this book will help any student succeed, even if it’s their first time away at school.
If you get the chance, check out Beverly’s collection which includes organizing books for
- Your Office
- and even a FREE section to get you started RIGHT NOW!
If you have a child starting school, if your life needs a little organization (or a LOT like me) or you’re looking for some great GIFTS for the person in your life who could use a little help, these books are a wonderful source for very little money. Her mini-books start at only $4.99 and she’s currently running some great back to school specials.
Rating is based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
Thank you to Beverly Coggins for providing these books for review as well as our giveaway.
- Win a copy of Three Steps to Clever Cleaning and Three Steps to Time Management for the College Student.
- Go to 1-2-3…Get Organized and tell me WHICH of these books would be the MOST helpful for YOU!
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Fave us on technorati.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Tell a friend – if they subscribe or follow The Review Broads you get an entry (with unlimited entries) – please put their e-mail address as well as yours in the comments.
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 9, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck