Author: Kristin Harmel
What is it about Italian mothers, or Jewish mothers or Irish mothers, etc? True to form, Cat’s Irish Catholic grandmother interrupts Cat Connelly’s sister’s wedding to ask why it’s her younger sister that’s getting married and not Cat. Always the responsible one, Cat has lived her life playing it safe. Looking to escape a potentially bad relationship, Cat returns to the place where she was the happiest – Rome.
Italian for Beginners is a quick moving book that allows you a glimpse of a woman who undergoes a life transforming experience on her trip to Italy. Although somewhat predictable, this quick read is full of Audrey Hepburn in “Roman Holiday” references that will make you smile. Ms. Harmel has created a group of loveable characters that are easy to identify with.
For those who love Chick Lit or even Romance Novels, this would be a fun beach read.
Rating is based on a 5 star scale
Overall: A book you’ll want to take with you to the beach.
Pre-order “Italian for Beginners” at Amazon.com for only $10.28.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
- If you were to escape to “find yourself” where would you go? Let me know in the comments along with your e-mail address (so that I can contact you if you win).
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on July 27, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck