When I received my new razor to review from Retro Razor I was a little wary. I tend to be a little klutzy and I had visions of pieces of tissue dotting my entire legs.
Living in South Florida it’s important that I have a good razor as I spend year round either in a skirt or a pair of shorts. I’ve always used disposable razors. With all of the buzz about going GREEN I’ve became aware of the impact of my tossing out plastic handled 4-blade razors on the environment. Other than the decision as to whether to shave with one blade or up to four, I’ve always felt that a razor is a razor and it didn’t matter what brand, type, etc. that I used. But, that’s because I just hadn’t found a razor that shaved close and still offered me the safety features of those disposables.
Chadd Bennett of Retro Razor warned me that I’d fall in love with this Old Fashioned single blade razor before I even tried it. He’s a nice guy, but he really doesn’t know how I really dislike change. As promised, I lathered up and tested this sleek Old Time razor.
- It’s ELEGANT & fashionable and it LOOKS EXPENSIVE (but you can purchase the RetroRazor Weishi Double Edge Safety Razor Starter Kit *plus 15 Blade Sampler Bonus!
for under $30 on Amazon.com).
- It is REALLY a safety razor.
- I DIDN’T CUT MYSELF….not even a teeny, tiny knick.
- I didn’t experience any razor burn.
- It’s Eco-Friendly – this razor will last you for many years, the only thing you toss are the actual blades (by using the Retro Razor over disposables – you’ll REDUCE waste by 97%).
- It’s economical, frugal, cheap – or whatever word you want to use – the blades can cost as little as .15 each.
- It felt REALLY good using it. I liked the weight of it. It felt very balanced, which made it easier to control.
- This was the CLOSEST shave I’ve ever had.
Retro Razor is offering 10% off to The Review Broads readers with the