Authors: James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
Patterson and Paetro’s newest novel proves to be another stunner. Benjamin Hawkins, a sometimes writer, ex-cop, and now journalist for the L.A. Times gets the assignment of the year to Maui, Hawaii – a famous swimsuit model, Kim McDaniels has gone missing on location. When her panicked parents Mr. and Mrs. McDaniels, who have just gotten a phone message saying that “Kim has fallen into bad hands” arrive in Maui, Hawkins introduces himself and they agree to let him accompany them in their search for Kim.
Four other have occurred and the local police have no lead on Kim McDaniels. Benjamin flies home to L.A. and his girlfriend Amanda. Benjamin eventually finds himself telling the personal story of his encounters with Henri Benoit, a psychopath, master of disguise, and serial killer. Benoit kills for fun – and profit. He videos each kill and sends them via email with his trademark “Is everybody happy” message to very rich and diverse clientele of voyeurs called The Alliance. Back in L.A., Hawkins gets an email – “Is everybody happy yet?” When he opens the email the attached video shows an unidentified man, naked, holding Kim McDaniels’ disembodied head spurting blood onto the bed where she lies to the camera lens.
Mr. Patterson and Maxine Paetro have done their best to keep their readers – exhausted and trying to sleep – but turning each page until the end!
Rating is based on a 5-star scale.
Note: Superb summer read
Review by the “A” Broad – Ava
* Tell me which James Patterson book is your favorite. Please leave your e-mail so that we can contact you if you’re a winner.
* Subscribe to the Review Broads
* Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
* Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
* Twitter this giveaway
* Add our badge to your blog/site
* Link to or blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on July 15, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck