It’s after MIDNIGHT, the Candy Fairy Arrives
Since I am single, I live my own schedule. Clem (my dachshund) and I are early risers, so 9 PM is jump on the bed and open a new novel to read and review. As I wander about the pages, and start getting into the drama of the tale, my stomach starts to growl and I reach for … the clock… I put the novel down… and NOW it is MIDNIGHT and I am wide awake. Midnight. The time for night terrors and magic pumpkins. Is it the bed? Did I spend too much time on that crime novel that scared me to death? The mattress? WHY CAN’T I SLEEP????
Ah ha! I know! I NEED a TREATS BOX! Different candy and crackers from all over the world! And my monthly subscription box came today. Whew! I’m whipping out some caramels and skipping the counting of sheep!
I am generally a great eater. Show me chard and I salivate. Throw in a few organic carrots and kale and I’ll start my blender for a good greenie. Protein powder is a staple in this house. HOWEVER…when I read a good book, I get hungry. I have done this since I was a little girl. And I want something – EXOTIC and sweet!
When the TREATS box came across my desk I yelped! What could be better than a good novel AND candy from all over the world? What a great idea, I thought. Absolutely genius.
TREATS is a subscription monthly box of candy from around the world, a different country each month. I was sent a box of Asian deliciousness all the way from Japan to try. The quality of the Japanese box of treats was out of this world. I cannot think of a better gift to a child, teenager or adult on your gift list. Very different, and very unique, this gift box of candy is Numero Uno on my list of Ten Best Things I Have Ever Sampled to Review.
I was thrilled to see a box FULL of Japanese candy and cracker snacks. And even more thrilled to eat them.
WHAT I DISCOVERED
The Japanese goodies that I sampled proved delicious. The cotton candy had a very different texture and was not so much sweet as tart and tingly on the tongue. The Happy Hippo candy bar sent me into a baritone scream: the best, absolutely best taste sensation. The chocolate was gooey but not too sweet, and the entire small bar was the best thing I have ever eaten. Truly.
I could wax poetic here about every single snack in the box; I have never experienced such a rich and taste bud prolific box of treats. Each one was better than the last.
SO WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
My 10 item box contained:
- Fruit Gummy Assortment (Kasugai) – TART, TERRIFIC
- Soy Sauce Potato Crisps (Jagabee) – You have to try these they raise the bar on salty treats, light, spot on, crisp
- Giant Caplico Strawberry (Glico) – one of my favorite items, this is a strawberry covered chocolate crisp shaped like an ice cream cone. The strawberry and chocolate had an entirely different taste and texture and I have never tasted such a delight in my life!
- Baked Shrimp Chips (Uha) – gourmand! Delicioso! OH MY!!!!! Just a tad of salt, a crunch of shrimp and this is heaven!
- Cola Ouccho (Uha) – cola flavored chewies – so different even the texture, caramel like, is different!
- Watapachi Cotton Candy (Meiji) – textural adventure!
- Pocky Tsubu Tsubu (Glicko) – strawberry flavored paradise sticks like biscotti but not hard
- Himemaru (Amanoya) – Little rice tasting cracker crunchies that are again not as salty as American crackers, and with a texture that is lighter – impossible to explain but unbelievably superb taste
- Milk Caramel (Morinaga) – these lasted – the entire box – about two seconds as I devoured them. Again, a more sophisticated and addictive taste than American caramel
- Kaki-no-tane (Uegaki) – rice spheres, with a soy sauce taste, very small little crackers very good
WANNA GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP? NEED TO IMPRESS SOME CLIENTS? JUST WANT TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF WITH A GIFT? I suggest you RUN and ORDER one of these fab boxes (starting at 12.95 with a different number of treats available) – and HIDE the box when it comes. These are just TOO GOOD TO SHARE!
For more information or to order a TREATS subscription visit: TryTreats.com
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A”
We received product to facilitate this review. All opinions are our own