• Bruce Wayne’s murdered father, Dr. Thomas Wayne, was actually the first Batman. He created a Batman costume to wear to a party when Bruce was a child. Bruce realized many years later that this vision of his father dressed as a “Bat-Man” subconsciously influenced him in the creation of his own name and guise.
• Before shortened to “The Dark Knight,” Batman was first referred to as “The Darkknight Detective.”
• Bruce Wayne was engaged to Julie Madison (1939) and Linda Page (1941) before World War II.
• Before she was known as The Catwoman, Selina Kyle was referred to as simply “The Cat.”
• Alfred Pennyworth was a member of the OSS in World War II (which was the forerunner to the CIA), operating in occupied France. When first introduced in the comic books, he was quite rotund, a far cry from the slimmed-down version most fans recognize. And originally, his last name was Beagle, mystically changed to Pennyworth later on.