“Who doesn’t like Italian food.” That’s the question my friend asked when he let me know that he had put a box in the mail that included the food and goodies that you see in the picture below (the food actually arrived as free coupons and I IMMEDIATELY went shopping).
In all honesty, I had no quick comeback, because my two FAVORITE foods (if a person who loves eating can pare it down to only two) are Italian and sushi. But – I have my favorite brands of pasta and sauce (as well as my own homemade version), so I knew I couldn’t promise him anything until I was able to have
Each of the packages of Buitoni Ravioli offers a serving for two (although frankly it was too good to share). My choice for this evening was Chicken and Four Cheese Ravioli. This is NOT your usual fare of frozen ravioli, but rather it is freshly made (refrigerated…NOT frozen) of white meat chicken, paired with fontina, ricotta and Grana Padano cheeses, one of the Reserva line of Buitoni products that will make you feel like you’re sitting in a trattoria in Sicily.
The sauce that I chose to accompany my pillows of filled pasta was a simple Roasted Garlic Marinara.
I always prefer a red sauce…call me traditional (cream sauces are too heavy for me). As I gently heated the sauce, I could smell the garlic. One look at the list of ingredients – basically tomatoes, garlic and spices and I knew that this was a sauce (or gravy as my mom used to call it) that was worthy of being called homemade.
The result was an extremely memorable dinner WITHOUT having to cook all day or spend a fortune at a fancy Italian restaurant.
We received product for our food review. All opinions are our own.
- Click HERE to Tweet this giveaway it auto fills your tweet and you get credit each time you twitter and report back. (unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog! – 5 extra entries
- Add this giveaway to other sweeps & giveaway sites – 5 extra entries
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on March 10, 2011 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck