It’s rare that you’ll find a review of a snack food here on The Review Broads. There are a few reasons, one being that Broad “A” eats “natural” almost exclusively and Broad “Z” is forever watching her weight (watching it get higher and higher that is). In all seriousness I am involved in a get healthy, get fit, lose the pounds program over on Champagne Living and I’ve been looking for snacks that I can fit in that aren’t too high in calories, high in fiber and fairly low in fat.
I’m NOT REALLY a huge fan of those granola-fiber-cardboard-tasting bars that are sold to us as being healthy. However, I am a fan of YUMMY cookies and the new flavor of Kellogg’s FiberPlus bars with antioxidants taste just like my FAVORITE flavor of girl scout cookies…only BIGGER, with less calories, less fat and MORE fiber.
I don’t understand how they can create a FiberPlus bar that’s low in calories (120cal), high in fiber (9g) and low in fat (4g) – 2 weight watcher’s points, that’s chock full of caramel, coconut, fudge and chewy delishiousness. Kellogg’s FiberPlus Caramel Coconut Fudge bars have NONE of that cardboard taste or consistency and are loaded with FLAVOR. They’ve been helping me stick with my program for the past 2 weeks and I’m heading out to buy more of Kellogg’s FiberPlus bars later today (now I want to taste ALL of their flavors).
I love the fact that I feel like I’m “cheating” on my program, but I’m actually sticking with it when I indulge in one of these bars. I’ve been including at LEAST one of these every day. Oh, and my doctor is going to be VERY happy when he sees me next month, because he’s been on my back about increasing my fiber (I have high cholesterol).
Check this out – Kellogg’s is giving TEN of you the opportunity to try them as well, via a giveaway here on The Review Broads.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
We received product to facilitate this food review. All opinions are strictly our own.
- Click HERE to Tweet this giveaway it auto fills your tweet and you get credit each time you twitter and report back. (unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog! – 5 extra entries
- Add this giveaway to other sweeps & giveaway sites – 5 extra entries
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on February 3, 2011 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck