Caspar (Chris Ballew of one of Broad “Z’s” all time favorite indie rock bands – The Presidents of the United States of America) says “Having young children is a joyous and unforgettable experience. However, the home of new parents can also be a stressful, sleepless, nervous environment. So I make music that’s a positive, helping component in the home and car.”
UNDERSTATEMENT! Chris Balew spins his magic and weaves a web of adorability entwined around some of the best lyrics and instrumentals I have ever heard for the Baby Set. Caspar Babypants presents original lyrics in Chris Ballew’s expressive and mellifluous voice that changes pace and genre within every single song. Silly, gleeful, and such clever lyrics that even my dachshund Clem was actually listening and dancing! Chris Ballew’s bluesy-coolsy voice places you inside the Grand Old Opry for babies! I listened to the entire video and then listened again!
All You Pretty Babies – banging on your spoon! Adorable, and teaches numbers
Speedy Centipede – I am lonely for you! Xylophone introduction
The Legend on the Bone – Dog chewed on the bone and the bone felt right at home! Voice over creates contemporary and cool baby lyrics; introduces guitar
Baby’s Getting Up – Folk song rhythms that rock like a baby in a cradle. Intro to harmonica
Where Do You Go – Folk, rock, great percussion, absolutely creative lyrics
Googly Eyes – Guitar instrumentals jump and snap along with Chris’ floating voice – this man can sing! Toddlers will bring this home!
Shoo Fly – don’t bother me! A new rendition of the old classic – my shoulders shook in cadence to Chris’ lyrics and piano based tunes. Loved it – my very favorite
Tiger Through the Trees – guitar, xylophone, harmonica, and shaker with the bonus of a Chris Balew voice tango
Bounce Your Baby – baby’s long asleep by now, but this will soothe parent’s right back to sleepy town
These are just a few of the 20 songs on Caspar Babypants. The rest pop out and amaze right along with the first 9. Caspar Babypants teaches children different instruments, as well as infuses great music with such fun. I can’t imagine a better listening experience for Mom, Pop, Baby and Baby’s toddler siblings. Great voice, great music, and hey, I loved it even though my babies are all grown up!
This is Fun! and other CDs by Caspar Babypants are available for purchase at – http://babypantsmusic.com/
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
We received a copy of this title for our CD review. All opinions are our own.
- Click HERE to Tweet this giveaway it auto fills your tweet and you get credit each time you twitter and report back. (unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on November 16, 2010 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck