My mom Broad “Z” was telling me how when I was a baby that the pediatrician told her to only use Dove soap on me. I don’t recall that, and frankly – when she told me, I thought…
Fast forward to this week. I live in Rhode Island where there’s a heat wave that’s kept temperatures above 100 degrees for most of the week. I have NO air conditioning in my car and let’s just say that I’m odoriferous. So, you could (have) called me THE SMELLY GUY – and I don’t mean that in a good way.
Thankfully, Dove Men + Care came to my rescue. Not only do I need MORE showers because of the heat, but as a result of all of this – my skin has gotten a bit dry. I was excited to put the new Dove Men to the test and they have NO IDEA what a MAJOR test this was going to be.
So here’s what they are getting as a test dummy.
- Dry rough skin
- An odor that would keep even the dogs away
- A man’s man – you know, someone who wouldn’t be caught dead using his girlfriend’s soap
Here’s what I found after using the products this past week
- The Bar Soap is extremely gentle (I occaisionally break out) and my face feels smooth.
- The Body wash is an exfoliator, with ultra-light MICROMOISTURE technology. It’s gotten rid of a lot of my dead dull skin.
- I smell GREAT…in a Manly sort of way. Dove Men + Care has a good strong masculine scent that’s not CHEAP smelling (like a lot of the OTHER products on the market today).
- My girlfriend LOVES the way that I smell (totally separate deal from liking the scent on myself)
So – I’m STILL the SMELLY GUY – but, now it’s a GREAT smell!
Dove Men + Care are products that even the Man’s Man will like.
- It’s Dove’s first ever product line formulated specifically for men’s needs
- It provides the cleansing and refreshment that men want combined with Dove moisturizers to provide total skin comfort
- Built on the Dove brand’s heritage in cleansing, moisturizing and care it is
- Clinically proven to fight skin dryness
- No irritation or tightness
- Dermatologist recommended
The only thing that I had a difficult time with was that my products came with an Active Clean Shower Tool (a loofah sort of brush with a handle). Maybe it’s my dexterity, but I had a difficult time using it to clean my entire body and found myself resorting to one of those poofs that my girlfriend had (ok, so maybe I’m NOT as manly as I thought).
Dove has partnered with the “Journey to Comfort” series that includes baseball champions like Albert Pujols, Joe Girardi and more.
Review by Bro’ “B” – Ben
Thank you to Dove for providing us with product for this review. We were in no way compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly our own.