I’m a Nut Job.
But it’s not what you think (wait, maybe it IS what you think). OK, so I’m slightly off-center, which is fine by me, but that’s not what I’m talking about today. We’ll save THAT conversation for another time if that’s alright with you.
I’m talking about Planters Nuts and how they’ve changed and grown up along with me (and you) and our healthier lifestyles.
Planters has introduced their NUT-rition line of products (beginning back in 2005) and they’ve been improving it ever since. I had the opportunity to sample some of their newest treats including two new Nut Snacks and three new bars and I’m hooked.
I like my energy bars. Unfortunately, I treat them more as a dessert and have a tendency to overindulge. It was easy to do, considering I was chomping down on Planters Big Nut Bars made of Chocolate Peanut, a NUT-trition Energy Bar and the Planters NUT-rition Heart Healthy Bar (which is something I NEED – considering my family history). They’ve totally made over the peanut bar – and made it healthy (the Heart Healthy bar actually carries the qualified heart-health claim that eating 1 bar a day may help lower your risk of heart disease) and kept them delicious.
BUT MY FAVORITES are the Planters NUT-rition snacks. At first appearance they are a twist on the old trail mix in appearance…..but the FLAVOR and healthy benefits make them a WHOLE LOT BETTER. OMG – I FINISHED a can of the NUT-rition Antioxidant Mix ALL BY MYSELF. It’s loaded with almonds, banana chips, peaches, blueberries, cranberries and cashews. You’re going to think I’m crazy – but I found it MORE SATISFYING than downing a chocolate bar (and you KNOW how much I love my chocolate). I think it was the combination of sweet, crunchy and chewy all tossed in together. Oh yeah – and it’s GOOD for you too (lots of vitamins C & E and other antioxidents). PLUS it’s only 160 calories a 1/4 of a cup and it’s SODIUM FREE! I wasn’t quite as crazy about the Nut-rition Omega-3 Mix (mostly because I can’t stand walnuts) – and found myself picking out the cranberries and dark chocolate soynuts from the mix.
It’s great to see a company make-over their products to make them healthier – and NOT lose the flavor. I guess I’m just a Nut-Case.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
Thank you to Planters for providing all of these healthy and TASTY treats for our food review. We were in no way compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly our own.
- Vote for “Champagne Living” in the Marshall’s BEST FIND contest.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook
- Follow Bro’B’s blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter about this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on May 29, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor for fulfillment.
* Good Luck