Written by two formal models, both of these women were grounded enough to know that modeling is a young woman’s gig. Diller is now a clinical psychologist and Muir-Sukencik is a psychoanalytical psychotherapist currently in practice. These two women delve into what women don’t speak of, except to their closest girlfriends – what it FEELS like to look in the mirror and see a face that isn’t there anymore.
In a culture that turns women invisible at 40, how do we deal with all the issues that aging thrusts literally into our faces? These therapists suggest 6 steps to learn to accept aging – and still embrace your own beauty as a woman from the inside out at any age. Healing our adolescent thoughts and actions, examining our families and our roles within them, mourning our lost pasts and striving to be the best we can be at any age releases us from the masks we hide behind. Great coverage and insight on how to age and enjoy the process.
I really liked this book. It was not preachy or full of the Dr. Phil “just get over it” syndrome that women like me despise. This book teaches hard lessons that will lead you on your way to being able to speak about our feelings as our skin sags and the guys in the 7-11 don’t glance our way anymore. Very insightful and interesting, I took it to heart. And the authors never preach in that self-help way that other books have done.
They’ve been there, done that. Excellent.
Check out Champagne Living for tips on how to feel more attractive from the authors of Face It.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Book Review by Broad “A” – Ava
Face It: What Women Really Feel as Their Looks Change is available for pre-order at Amazon.com $16.47.
Thank you to FSB for providing this title for our book review as well as this giveaway. We were in no way paid or compensated for our opinions
- Become a fan of The Broads on Facebook <<< NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Bro’B’s new blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on April 13, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck