Every once in a while, I just want a soothing romantic book that appeals to me. I’m a fool for romance novels, so I fell under the spell of Sherrill Bodine immediately.
Fast, and oh so romantic, this novel left me wanting to read more about Athena Smith, her sisters Venus and Diana, and Drew Clayworth, Athena’s teenage love and the hottest bachelor in town.
Athena is a fashion curator and wants to get her hands on the Clayworth’s famous vintage dress collection once worn and owned by Bertha Palmer, Chicago’s famous hostess who once owned the four gowns.
Complicated by the fact that Athena’s father has recently been forced into early retirement under suspicious circumstances by the Claywortth family, for whom has has worked for years, and an incident years ago when Athena betrayed her teenage love for Drew, the Clayworth family and Drew are off limits for Athena. Still at crossroads with each other, the families do not speak.
It takes four stolen priceless gowns, Athena’s persistence to have them for her museum, and Drew’s daring to rebirth the love of Athena and Drew. Based on a true incident where a vintage gown poisoned a former Chicagoan, this novel served up all that it promised. To lose yourself in a good romance novel is like taking a frothing bubble bath on a rainy day – self indulging. Great read.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Book Review by Broad “A” – Ava
A Black Tie Affair is available for pre-order at Amazon.com $6.99
Thank you to Kaye Publicity and The Hachette Book Group for providing this title for our book review as well as this giveaway. We were in no way paid or compensated for our opinions.
- ecome a fan of The Broads on Facebook <<< NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow Bro’B’s new blog – I Pity the Blog
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on April 7, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck