Author/Artist: Chuck Fischer
Art is beauty. And beauty stirs me. Having seen Michaelangelo’s Angels in the Sistine Chapel and having lived in Europe for many years, angels flourish. Notre Dame. The Louvre. The Rose Cathedral at Chartres. Angels proliferate. With my background a book about Angels is a given. What is not a given is the utter beauty and historical relevance that Mr. Fischer affords his gorgeous angels, all taken from historic and architectural arenas. The transformation comes from his presentation. Mr. Fischer has back-laid and fore-fronted his angels in an exquisite Pop-Up three dimensional creation that sends its own aura of heaven and earth.
From antiquity, Mr. Fischer gives us the beginning – angels depicted from Mesopotamia to Egyptian cultures. The renditions are the art itself. In Hindu, angels are referred to as devas. Persian angels are seen as ameshe spentas, holy immortals. Islamic angels are central to the religion. Fischer illustrates with ancient reliefs and pictures of these divine creatures. From Babylon, the Old Testament, Early Christianity,the Angel Gabriel to the planets own angels, Fischer gives us a progression of art and mystical spirituality.
The pop-up scenarios are glorious. Do I believe in angels?Very much so. Do you need to believe in angels? Not at all. But this book will open your eyes to the beauty and sanctity and celestial quality that angels represent in our art, our history and our concept of what beauty really is. Magnificent and magnificent, a visual orgy of art to the heart. Angels is a painting and work of art all its own.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Book Review by Broad “A” – Ava
Angels can be purchased at Amazon.com for LESS than $20!
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing our Angels Pop-Up book review copy as well as a copy to give away.
1. Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
2. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
3. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
4. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
5. Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
6. Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
7. Blog about this giveaway
8. E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
9. Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on November 21, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck