That’s how I used to be. I always KNEW where everything was, but it never LOOKED organized. Was I fooling myself?
I LOVE clutter. That seems like a strange statement to make, but I thrive on having LOTS of stuff around me. I’m not a minimalist on ANY level. My home is full of loving memories, I decorate with my finds from travel and my wardrobe is eclectic to say the least.
“A” was shocked when she came to visit me over a year ago, after not having seen me for a few years to find that my house was neat and orderly (oh and CLEAN). Back in RI it wasn’t. There’s something about paring down and moving 1500 miles that changes things (at least it did for me). My home is still as eclectic as my wardrobe, but now I can FIND what I’m looking for.
One of the last bastions of organization was my handbag. It happens to the best of us. First let me say that I don’t like the organizational style bags. I think they’re pretty dorky looking. I like style and to hell with the function. It’s who I am. That meant that in order to have things look the way that I like, I had to deal with searching for a pen, my reading glasses, keys, etc. on the bottom of my bag (which whether your bag is large or small – you ladies can attest to the fact that it can take some time finding what you need).
Switch it by Nan recently sent me one of their organizers for me to review. Part of me knew that this was something that I really needed – but, my other half was resisting. So, when my clear plastic organizer trimmed in lavender (sweet) arrived, it just sat on the counter for about 2
Two weeks ago I decided to take off all of the tags and put my “junk” into it. My first reaction was – UGH – plastic (I’m not a plastic girl). I didn’t like the feel of it, didn’t like the stiffness of it, etc.
I’ve now used my Switch it by Nan organizer for a bit over 2 weeks. Um, WHAT WAS I THINKING?
1. The clear plastic makes it so when you look in your bag, you can actually SEE everything that you’ve got.
2. It’s a bit stiff, but it PROTECTS things like my sunglasses, cell phone, etc.
3. I haven’t taken it out of my bag (except to switch it to another handbag) since I started using it.
Oh yeah, that’s the TRUE beauty of the Switch it by Nan organizer. When you’re ready to switch all of your stuff from one handbag to another (something that I do often, depending upon what I’m wearing), you simply pick up the bag by the handles and plop it into the new bag.
THAT’S IT!!! There’s no searching around for stuff, deciding what you want to bring with you from one to the other, etc. I keep my wallet separate, but that’s all.
Switch it by Nan makes different size organizers for different sized handbags. For Boca Babes there are organizers piped in gold or animal prints, for the Talbots crowd there are organizers piped in black, brown or red, for the fun-loving girls there are organizers piped in polka-dots.
I’ll be traveling to NY next month and the great thing is that I can fill my Switch it by Nan organizer with those little 3 oz. bottles of liquid (contact lens solution, hand cream, etc.) so that I don’t have an ugly baggie floating around in my bag.
I guess this means I’m a convert (especially since I have NO INTENTION of taking it out of my handbag any time soon). They also offer a dizzying array of beautiful handbags (I’m all about the Cabana Girl style…perfect for using year round here in Florida).
Thank you to Switch it by Nan for providing a free organizer for this review as well as one for a lucky reader to WIN.
Visit Switch It by Nan and take a look around at the great organizers and handbags!
1. . Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
2. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
3. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
4. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
5. Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
6. Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
7. Blog about this giveaway
8. E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
9. Twitter this giveaway!
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 24, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck