Authors: Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt
Miracle Girls #3: A Little Help from My Friends: A Miracle Girls Novel by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt is NOT a little book! This novel swells with fun, wisdom and nostalgia. Although written for teens, I couldn’t put it down.
This third novel is a series featuring the Miracle Girls bounces us right back to high school. The Miracle Girls – Zoe, Christine, Ana and Riley – have an uncommon foursome of friendship. All four are in turmoil, and Zoe’s wonderful parents, Dreamy and Ed, are talking divorce. Zoe and Marcus, her boyfriend are inseparable – until Zoe starts growing up – and out – of the relationship. And along comes Dean – and sparks fly between them.
The girls have a Mission this year – reinstating their beloved English teacher, Ms. Moore, who has been falsely accused due to an unfair and untrue incident at the school.
As the four Miracle Girls tumble and fly, they accomplish their mission – and then some. In the interim however, Christine faces a loss and Ana and Riley have to cooperate with Ashley, a mean bully who turns out to be “almost one of them.”
The themes inspired by this novel – friendship, loyalty, cooperation, love, persistence, family and just being seventeen and growing up are a wonderful match for teen girls and adults alike. Thoroughly enjoyable, great characters (I can’t wait for the next in the series) with a thoughtful tone and kindness of writing that is irresistible. The authors have produced a novel full of integrity and powerful fun. I loved it.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “A” – Ava
“A Little Help From My Friends” can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com for $9.99
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing our review copy as well as copies to give away.
1. Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
2. Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
3. Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
4. Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
5. Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
6. Add our badge or the Bark to School badge to your blog/site
7. Blog about this giveaway
8. E-mail a friend about The Review Broads
9. Twitter this giveaway.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 29, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck