As readers of The Review Broads, I’m going to take a guess and say that you’re a pretty big reader. Obviously, so are we. Both Broad “A” and I are rarely seen without book in hand. We both have grown children and “A” has grandchildren as well who have learned to love reading as much as we do.
We are the lucky ones.
Having grown up knowing how reading can inspire and delight, we passed the joy of reading on to our children. How? By reading TO THEM when they were young.
October 1, 2009 will mark the 3rd INTERNATIONAL Jumpstart’s Read for the Record, an international campaign to bring preschool children together with valued grownups in their lives to read the same book, on the same day, in communities all over the world. Last year, they broke their own record as nearly 700,000 readers shared the classic children’s tale, Corduroy. On one historic day, one amazing book was read aloud in classrooms, libraries and homes from Japan, Germany and Brazil to cities and rural communities across America.
This year, The Broads are asking that you join Jumpstart and read Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Pledge to read today to help set a world record. Together, we’ll celebrate the joy of reading all over the globe! From reading to your child to HOSTING a reading event we ask that you get involved in this wonderful event.
Jumpstart has created a very SPECIAL edition of Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar, published exclusively for this event. Buy one to read with your children at home or buy several for children in your family, community, or classroom. And remember, all proceeds of this limited edition benefit Jumpstart’s yearlong work with preschool children in low-income communities. The special edition can be purchased online or at your local Wal-Mart.
Jumpstart is giving away a copy of the special Read for the Record edition of “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” to one of The Review Broads readers.
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline Love this site awards.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 30, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck