I have this memory of when I was a kid. There was a Hostess/Wonder Bread Factory in Providence, RI and I can still recall that wonderful smell of baking bread as we’d drive by. Even when cruising down Rt. 95 the smell of freshly baked bread would waft through the car and make me wish that I could just dive into a slice covered in butter.
It’s been a bazillion years since I was a kid and just as many since that bakery has closed down. But, Wonder Bread hasn’t gone ANYWHERE. In fact it’s back as strong as ever, and now it’s improved even MORE.
Getting the kids to eat things that are good for them has always been a struggle. White bread is one of those things that kids seem to love and parents worry about now being “healthy.” Wonder Bread has ALWAYS been fortified with essential vitamins and minerals (as a matter of fact, it was the first bread to do that).
NOW Wonder Bread is EVEN BETTER!!! How? They’ve added even more Calcium and Vitamin D to Wonder Classic and Wonder Classic Sandwich Bread. Two slices provide the calcium of 8 ounces of milk and it’s a great source of Vitamin D. For women like myself, who struggle to get enough calcium in their diets (to help prevent osteoporosis) it’s an added benefit. Plus, they’ve kept that flavor and consistency that kids seem to love so much. Now both mom and kids can be happy with their lunch.
What this means for your family is that a sandwich made with Wonder Bread and an 8 oz. glass of milk with give then 100% of the calcium that they need daily. To get you started feeding your family a HEALTHIER white bread – I found a .55 off coupon on their website.
It had been years since I’d dove into a loaf of Wonder Bread. Wonder had sent me 2 loaves – one of their Classic White and one of their Classic White Sandwich for this review. I began eating things that I hadn’t had since I was a kid. French toast, PB & J, toast with cottage cheese, etc. It’s like I found a friend that I’d totally forgotten about. I’m LOVING it. My son called me and asked if I’d lost my mind when I told him that I was eating white bread.
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
Now Wonder Bread wants to give a school year’s supply of bread to one of The Review Broads lucky readers. One reader will receive 20 coupons, each good for a 20 oz. Classic White of Wonder 24 oz. Classic Sandwich Bread. Enough for 2 loaves a month for the next 9 months!
- Vote for The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 23, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck