Yesterday was hubby’s birthday. I’m going to tell you his age mostly because he’s OLDER than I am and it makes me feel good. Mean huh? He turned 57 yesterday and he wasn’t very happy about it. I’m not sure if it was the AGE that bothered him so much, or the fact that he had played a LOUSY round of golf the day before (which can make anyone feel old).
Luckily, Bake Me a Wish had sent over their cake of the month, a Triple Chocolate Enrobed Brownie Cake for us to celebrate with. They knew JUST the right thing to send, because we’re both SERIOUS choc-a-holics.
I find it amazing when a company can send something that looks so delicate and it arrives in perfect condition. Shipped with a huge cold pack on top and packed into a cooler, my Bake Me a Wish Cake looked like it came right out of the bakers glass case. with the oval chocolate greeting in the center. I’m assuming that they’re USED to packing these, because they also supply some of the most elite restaurants in New York City.
Beautiful…YES! But the real test is when I put my fork in and was rewarded with the most dense mixture of dark and milk chocolate. I totally understand why they call this a brownie. It’s dark and chewy, like a brownie but it’s way too elegant and rich to be a brownie. It reminded me of a deep chocolate tort. Not only is the cake itself moist and chocolaty, but it also goes through 3 passes of chocolate. It gets completely blanketed with a shower of dark chocolate shaves; and the cake is finished with milk and dark chocolate glazes drizzled all over. Then there’s that oval plaque of Belgian chocolate smack in the middle. The ONLY thing that could make it better? For me, it’s a dollop of REAL whipped cream, but for hubby – it was a tall glass of milk.
I decided to look and see what other cakes Bake Me a Wish offers, mostly because I like to bookmark these “FINDS” for when I have gifts to buy. I noticed that they also make one of my other favorites Carrot Cake (and YES, they make them with raisins and walnuts – mmmm) and hubby’s other favorite Coconut Cream Cake (talk about dense – it’s made with POUND cake).
For cakes that are shipped, I think they’re quite reasonable. The cake that they sent me retails for $39.95, which is just about what you’d pay in any good bakery.
Oh and if you’re planning a brunch, you have to take a look at their Ultimate Coffee Cakes. The Viennese Coffee Cake with Apple looks TDF (to die for)!
There’s one more thing that I need to tell you about this great company. 5% of your order is used to pay for their cakes to be sent to soldiers overseas. They even have a Freedom Cake, whereas when you purchase one for a gift a second cake is sent to a soldier. How’s that for a company that gives back?
Thank you to Bake Me a Wish for providing this YUMMY Brownie Cake to review.
Bake Me a Wish is giving a Triple Chocolate Enrobed Brownie Cake to one of our readers!
- Go to Bake Me a Wish and pick out which cake you’d LOVE to dig your fork into.
- Come back and enter again tomorrow (daily entry)
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Add this line anywhere within YOUR blog or site “Gourmet Reviews and Giveaways at The Broads“
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this: “RT The Broads want you to dig into some chocolate cake http://tinyurl.com/lt2eud ” (unlimited entries)
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on August 19, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck